Phlux is an award-winning tech start-up based in Sheffield, UK. The company has commercialised a breakthrough infrared sensor that will be at the heart of driver safety using LIDAR, securing communication networks with quantum cryptography, and seeing the invisible with 3D imaging.
The company raised £4M of investment in November 2022 and currently employs 12 members of staff divided between Operations, R&D, Sales, Software and Robotics and Management.
The successful applicant will join our team as we develop our second product range for LIDAR, advanced driver assisted systems and security systems. We are looking to appoint a Electronics Quality Technician to reinforce the team and who will help to scale up manufacturing and testing capabilities and ensuring that all devices are compliant with internal and external customer quality requirements.
We’re currently a team of 10 people looking to scale to 20 by the end of 2024. The applicant should have excellent organizational and communication skills and be comfortable working with engineers, technical sales, and management.
We are looking to appoint a full-time Electronics Quality Technician to support product development, testing and quality control of our products.
Typical tasks as Quality Technician may include:
- Characterize the optical and electrical performance of Phlux’s sensor products and prototypes against a specification.
- Liaising with our supply chain to ensure that orders are shipped to customers on time and with required quality.
- Measurement System Analysis (inc. Calibration) and Maintenance of electronic testing equipment.
- Assembly, verification and testing of PCBs
- Draft specifications for new electronic setups and test equipment.
- Support quality testing of prototype and standard products.
- Maintain quality documentation of manufacturing and testing data.
- Incoming inspection of parts.
- Provide technical support to operations and electronics teams.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area.
- Work in compliance with safety and environmental standards. Liaising with our supply chain to ensure that orders are shipped to customers on time and with required quality.
As fast-growing start-up there will be opportunity for the successful applicant to grow technically and professionally as the company scales. Not the least from opportunities to develop new technical and professional skills in semiconductor device process engineering or/and quality control.
We are looking for looking for candidates that can make a difference from day one. Candidates are likely to have the following qualifications and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or HND in Electronics or equivalent subject
- Familiarity with quality processes and standards (eg. ISO9001).
- Experience working in an electronics laboratory in a production and test environment.
- Customer and Quality focus mindset.
- An understanding of Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- A methodical approach to problem solving and testing new processes.
- Ability to suggest and carry out practical actions to deal with operational issues.
- Open, honest, willing to learn and be flexible in its approach.
- Motivated to develop a new technology and see it through ideation to mass scale production.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Familiarization of team and technology.
- Trained in semiconductor and electronic characterization processes.
- Trained in Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Design verification of beta prototype complete.
- Work independently to assemble and test devices following day to day planning.
- Familiarization with our operational and customer quality system.
- Ownership of semiconductor electronics final testing.
- Working toward Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
- Ownership of assembling and testing of electronics modules.
- Lead on customer order quality control and packaging.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Share options with tax efficient EMI stock options.
- 33 days annual leave (including UK bank holidays) plus Christmas closure days.
- Exciting and dynamic work environment as part of a growing start-up.
- Pension scheme.
- Recruiting referral bonus scheme.
We work 37.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday. Working hours are flexible.
If you are thinking of taking the next step in your career, then we’d like to hear from